Sunday, August 4, 2013

Vacation Paradise Day 9 - Sorrento and Amalfie Coast..



Hola!

We are beat today. I know my last post mentioned Pompeii .. But the running joke when booking these
Excursions was how long can we do the strenuous stuff before passing out? Welp today is the day. Final tour day and we changed our itinerary from Sorrento and Pompeii to Sorrento and the Amalfi coast . Why? Cause it's hot as hades and we are tired of walking .

On the drive to Sorrento we pass Mt.Vesuvius which is still active. The last eruption was in 1947. We also see lots of oranges and lemons. This is the land of lemoncello ... ;)

If you recall, I fell months ago and the walking is helping to heal but I'm seeing some swelling where I was
Bruised . So.. I'm looking forward to getting off my feet today and driving around all day.

Fitst stop Naples which I already love and the ports are designed for tourists ...

Then we head to Sorrento an hour outside of Naples. We find our meeting spot and head for expresso ..and croissants and brioche ....decidedly French .. Even in Italy ..yet they were much better in France ..as they should be! And free wi-fi! Wee-fee...

We chat with some of our tour group folks and it's interesting how the Americans find each other . The 3 little brown ducks we are and folks are calling us the " New York Girls" lol

...And we leave behind 2 people after waiting 15 minutes ..hope they make it back to the ship ...can't understand why folks don't pay attention ..

Next stop Amalfi coast ..I am in awe and want to come back here ...the scenic drive up the side of a mountain cliff if breathtaking . Not for the faint of heart ...the twists and curves on this sometime single road was insane...and often we had to back up for other buses to pass .



Lunch was included in this tour ..after we switched tours from Pompeii... And the restaurant was on the cliff in the mountain side . Another sight to behold . You could walk down the steps to the restaurant ...or an elevator that is in a gift shop which can take you there ..we opted for the elevator .. Of course taking the steps meant breath taking views ... I was already feeling queasy ...and really didn't want to see the mountain side...

Lunch was tasty and we had a few minutes to shop .. So I picked up more stuff ... Sigh...then it's the long trip down . You don't go down the mountain side the same way you come up but it's still a winding Scenic view on the way down.

After we got the down to the bottom of the mountain we stopped for gelato although the tour guide wanted us to have the lemon cake made with lemoncello ... I want to come back here with the love of my life ...who ever he is.. This is such a romantic place ...

We saw Sofia Lauren's villa .. Not that I could really see it .. I was on the wrong side of the bus ...lol

Our final stop was a cameo shop to which we learned how the pieces are actually made . Some exquisite expensive
Pieces..the kind of stuff your grandmother would wear..

I was snoring so loud on the bus .. And only got up for the bathroom break . Didn't take any pictures
As I was too darn tired and half sleep.

Once back on the ship headed for the cabin and then to customary Snack bar ..

My second massage this week .. Much needed after all the excursions this week .

This 9:30pm dinner is killing me.. My head is generally falling in my plate by 10:00pm.

I think we went to the White party up on the pool deck .., although I had no white and can't seem to remember it .. Lol

Was back in the room by midnight even though no need to get up early tomorrow .. Although I will because I want to get a good seat poolside.

Next stop out to sea.. Pool day!




Sent from my iPhone

No comments: