Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 4 : I'm bring my bananas ..I'll bring mine too !

Day 4

I'm bringing my banana..and I'll bringing mine too !

Good morning ! Good Afternoon!

It's 11:15am and I'm just waking up from a much needed good night of sleep finally ! Ship wasn't rocking so much last night .

Late night in Boleros.. Closed the place down ! Our waiter Eric is so nice and his drinks are heavenly !

He's going on to China when the ship leaves NJ at the end of May . I think he's the first person we've asked that says he was going .

It's interesting to watch a ship in transition . Can't say that I've noticed this before ... Staff are being trained . And I'm noticing a lack of concern (?) is that the right word ? Maybe nonchalance about some .

But they are working double time . They all seemed hurried , rushed and generally pleasant .. But tired . Like they can't keep pace . This is a hard life . Kudos to our current cabin Steward Rownena and former Cabin Steward Nicole because it feels like they care 😄

Our last cabin steward Nicole on Liberty of The Seas is working this ship on deck 11 and we had the chance to meet up with her for a brief minute yesterday . It was nice seeing her . Social Media definitely connects you in ways never before . She's not going to China . She'll remain here and we might even see her on our next cruise !

Sitting on my balcony now while bestie is in the shower. Did I say my sister Big Momma got her own cabin ? She's so spoiled lol. Then so am I cause I'm not liking that I'm not in a suite . No choice on this cruise ...they were sold out 2 years ago when we booked ! Yeah I'm a suite snob.

We will in all likely book our next cruise before we leave this ship for 2 years from now .

I love the water .. It's calming and reflective and gives me a sense of peace .

Grateful that my knee is doing wonderful and I'm sure all this walking is great for it .

The swelling each night is down right ugly but my regime is the same .. Exercises morning and night .. Heat, ice and elevate at night . No water how much alcohol ... Lol

So we seem to have missed breakfast today . Oh well . I prefer breakfast but there's a couple of restaurants that are free that we haven't hit yet for lunch and I'm craving a salad . That's a good thing right ?

I so wanted to live blog this trip but didn't have enough time yesterday to post days 1,2,3 .

I can't imagine how long you need in theme parks anymore since the lines are so long . Express passes cost more loot and we were in the park 6 hours yesterday and did exactly 3 things . Still psyched about my wand ! We didn't get on either Harry Potter ride . Honestly not enough time .

We don't arrive in the Bahamas until 2pm . The captain must be doing a slow crawl from Florida ....

Let me get dressed and continue this later ..

Lunch at Divinely Decadence pool side by the Solarium. Not much to rave about and it used to be a paid restaurant .

Pool side and dranking .. and of course they have no bananas . At some point a man hears us and we are laughing and getting at Eric since he has no bananas . My sis wants a banana daquiri . Next they we know the guy comes back with a banana for her ! And now we are laughing about bananas . LOL .

At some point we will get off to buy alcohol in Bahamas . We've docked and are her till 11:30pm .

After several pina coladas we head to shore .. Only to buy alcohol . Specifically white Henny since we can't get it home . Why is it almost 4:00pm when we get off the ship ? Where did the day go ? Truth is it was almost noon by time we made it to eat lunch .

Eating a snack now and dinner is at 9:15 at one of the specialty restaurants .

One thing I noticed is you can't eat all day on this ship . Bestie says to give staff a break but I seriously doubt that was motivation. Room service is no longer free at night and the cage promenade closes at 3am. Just an observation .

After my snack went to lie down and it's time for dinner . I'm tired . My legs hurt . I've done really good but my knee and ankle are a hot mess right now.

I'm sure we will wind up at Boleros tonight .. But now feeling like I want any alcohol .

Tomorrow is a pool day . Till 1:45pm which I have my spa and then I'll go back out .

Dinner tonight is at Silk a Pan Asian restaurant and frankly by far the best looking restaurant so far .


Well...

Not impressed at all ... Family style ? And what if this isn't what I wanted .

Something is entirely wrong when the they bring out food Before you order it . What about bestie with food allergies ? SMH.

I left the restaurant thinking I need sleep .

I left bestie and sis and headed to the stateroom not feeling well at all . Too much alcohol and food .

Did my exercises and heat and ice my knee and off to bed I went .

More tomorrow ...

No comments: