Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 3: Winggardem Nerveosa ...

Day 3 - Harry Potter here we come ! Winggardem Nerveosa...

Pre-Dawn

Last night was rough .. Sea sick for the first time ever . OMG . I thought it was too much alcohol . LOL .

The seas were rough and I really never experienced this before . I always travel with Dramamine and this time I didn't . Made it through the night and bestie got sick too .

We were both much better when we made it to the calm waters of Florida and it's beautiful ! 83 degrees ! Yay!

My hands are raw with all the Purell all over the ship . Last week norovirus broke out on the ship and this week ... The cleanest place ever ! You have to wash your hands everywhere and then use Purell . Not complaining at all . But my poor hands are already dry ...

We arrive at Port Canerval at 1:00pm . Our tour bus leaves at 1:30pm it's an hour to Universal . The Park hopper pass is expensive for 1 day but we have only one goal to see Harry Potter! So we are going to Universal and Islands of Adventure . I'm a fan and I haven't been to the park ! Lines lines lines ! Thanks to my co-worker Patti who's here all the time for the park layout ! You can spent too much time walking the wrong direction here!

We start at Universal and go though Diagon Alley ! I'm such a kid ! Only walked though and took loads of pics since the lines for the shops were so long. But the fire breathing dragon on top of Gringotts bank ! That scared the bejesus out of us ! LOL The heat was intense !!

After spending so little time there we go next door to Kings Cross Station and actually board the Hogwarts Express train that goes to Islands of Adventure . The train was worth the experience ! You simply have to give props to Disney ! They have a way of making everything come to life !

Then the dreaded rain showers that always happen midday in Florida and went to the Three Broomsticks for lunch. I did start to get a bit nervous as the cobblestones are slippery when wet . And no I didn't bring my umbrella or a jacket .

For all my HP fans , I brought a wand and a quill ! It was great to see all of the kids dressed like The movies !

I had fun and I'm grateful my knee held up .I did use the cane on the way back since I was really tired by then .

Six hours in the park and we did only HP. I don't know how folks stay in the park all day and do lines . This is madness . And lots of grandparents doing these long lines with the kids .

Boarded the bus back at 8:00pm and posted pics today and wanted to get the blog posts done . Oh well .

No formal dinner reservations tonight so we are in Cafe Promenade eating sandwiches .

Sail away is at 11:00pm .We arrive in Bahamas tomorrow at 2pm .

I plan to sleep late tomorrow too :)

We are at the Boleros Bar .. Will make it back to the Bionic Bar tomorrow ...

Can you say I'm sleepy and my knee is tired ? Heat and ice and exercises tonight ...

Bon Voyage!

No comments: