Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wellness in a hurry.....

Here's to an end to a very busy day. (Cheers!)I think I'm liking this whole blogging concept as a way to release stress :)

For those who know me, I'm really good at listening and helping others but rarely do I share myself with the same gusto. Why? Who knows..it's just not my thing. I have however figured out that my stress level as a result of me not sharing my inner most thoughts that easy, takes a toll.

So while I gather my lists for the next blog entry (which I'm thinking will focus on spa pricing and maybe even some local spots for Mother's day - don't hold me to it though since I write what comes to me...) I want to spend some time on how to be mentally well.

After a long and hectic day.. I headed to the gym, came home and made a spinach salad (for those of you who read my tweet earlier - like you really care..) and here I sit blogging. Interesting enough I find this relaxing. I'm a Knick fan and they will be immortalized in my entry as they were losing with 13 sec left to Boston so back to writing I go....

My thoughts for the day: Decide what makes you feel good. While I'm not sure what I'm doing at this moment qualifies as pampering myself - I think it does since almost every night without fail I'm logging in and checking on my online classes I teach or grading papers. This is the first night in a long time my laptop has been used for something other than work!

I've always wanted to write - not that I knew how, I mean as in got a degree in English Literature or anything , but I think I express myself well enough and can tell a fairly good story....

And it feels good. None of these concepts are new to anyone yet we often need to be reminded to take time for ourselves. Focus on the FREE things you can do to feel better..pampered. I mentioned bubbles baths. This is a great stress reliever and offers probably the best chance of quite time if you have a house full of people. Alone? Together? whichever...:)

My other favorite way to relax and pamper myself is with a great book. I'm an avid reader.... I finally bought a NOOK as I have way too many books in my house. I need a garage sale.

But there's something about writing....I've always kept a diary...ok as we get older it's called journaling. I remember the time when I was about 15 years old(and the only real time I got in trouble) I had a good friend who I used to hang out with after school...I went to her house and neglected to call my mom. After several hours my mom called the cops and yes they found me....by reading my Diary!

I stopped writing for a long time after that incident lol.

I will say however I started several years ago and when I feel terribly stressed or out of sorts, I write. I'm working on a book...hopefully...it's really slow going.

So to all those out there that forget to put themselves first - take a "Time Out" for you. Since the weather is improving - get outdoors. Exercise, write, sleep, spend time with your boo... DO SOMETHING.

Sometimes the best things in life are truly free.

Next up - Spa pricing and services

Ciao

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Nice post! Glad I found this blog.

If you like photography, check out mine!
www.electricbrandon.com

If you want, follow it. I'll do the same.