Thursday, August 13, 2015

2014 Travel Rewind! Day 1 Turn Down for what ? No Really ... Thursday 9/18/2014 Travel Blog - Punta Cana...


9-18 headed to the airport and arrive at 630am. 

Flight scheduled to leave at 815 delayed until 855

Take off direct flight smooth and comfy . 

Deplane down stairs and it's hot !!  

Board buses to the terminal and it's hot! Very tropical ! And greeted by music ! Sounds like my neighbors! 

If you didn't know I am the minority in my Minority neighborhood ! I've been told I can pass for Dominican .. And so it starts at the airport .. I'm not vain but as a big girl the asset I have is my eyes . There are no shortage of Dominican men stopping me .. And I'm by myself waiting for bestie's flight to land ... 

I am constantly reminded that America is not all there is . This is the first time for me to DR and a first land based vacation in over 10 years ! 

The airport is several thatched huts and what I immediately notice is no cell phones.. So I check and I can't get global service.. Which I paid for .. 

Bestie arrives and we head to our hotel .. Correction out property . The Bahia Grand Principe is several properties that all look alike ... And as we learn this evening not every jitney goes where we need to ! 

By time we get to the property immediately we are greeted with Dominican women dancing . The lobby is huge and outside ... It's humid ..bestie upgraded us and we were VIP status . Woo hoo! I love traveling with friends who share similar like. 

We are told we get an hour free wifee in the lobby but try to get it to work ..we did have a free cocktail reception 15 min of free wifee time in the AC ..each day . 

We get our packets and I notice how truly big the property is! We need a jitney to go everywhere !

Our rooms are heading in the direction of the beach .. That's all I know . By the time we get in the jitney and get to out rooms it's 3pm and we've missed lunch . We are at an all inclusive . Luckily for is we have free room service ! We order and pass out . By the time we awoke it was almost 7 ! Jitney back to hotel lobby only to find we got off at another hotel ! 

Finally at our lobby we go back and we dranking !

After the free 15 min of wifee (wifi but I took to calling it wife as that  was how it was pronounced in Europe and I thought it was catchy!)  we walk the path to and find the buffet . It was decent ... 

Seems they love a salt shaker here ! Good way salty .. Wondering where the adobo and Sazon is ... 

After dinner we head to the theatre after watching the free disco show in out lobby .. 

But we find the theatre and nothing going on .... Oh well.. 

So we hop on the jitney and head back to out villa ... 

Villa living is great ... We think .. But  nothing is close by ... 

We chat drink and discuss the days events but alas a full day of traveling has us knocked out !  


Mas Mañana !  Adios!

No comments: