Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Living Your Best Life...

Hola!

It's funny when you begin to write - you never know the exact path you will wind up going...so I thought I would be sitting here writing about the next set of spas I wanted to mention...and I'll get to that..in my next post ...promise :)

Tonight however I am sooo in an Oprah mood I need to write about what she has been preaching for 25 years. While I never watched her show religiously... and picked up her magazine on occasion when I wanted to actively engage in doing work on me - I was profoundly moved and cried a bunch watching her last show tonight. Not because she was leaving - but because I was actually Being Still...and in the moment and it moved me.

Funny my last entry was about Being Still - I was angry when I was writing those words - no reason to share why - but I knew instinctively it was what I needed to do to heal. It really does become clear your path when you Become Still and listen.

Doing what you love - your calling - as Oprah called it is something I've struggled with for a long time. This blog - while about those things that make me incredibly happy - was born out of the desire to find the peace and wellness needed because I often wonder if I'm living my best life.

As I take my journey to find out (is it writing, teaching, listening?) my only thought tonight is hopefully to inspire others and give back (ok Oprah didn't teach me this...lol I've always given back) knowing that the path to clarity, health and wellness begins not with the manicures, pedicures, scrubs, facials, exfoliations,or the gym memberships (ok those things help) but with the Art of Being Still and Living Your Best Life.

To all the Oprah naysayers - listen and hear (yes they are two separate things) to the message - not the messenger. :)

No comments: